SYNDESIS HEALTH PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated: February 13, 2023
This Privacy Notice discloses the privacy practices for Syndesis Health, Inc. and all its subsidiaries (collectively referred to hereafter as “Syndesis”, “Syndesis Health”, “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our” in this Privacy Notice).
At Syndesis, we respect and value your need for privacy. This Privacy Notice tells you what personal information we collect and how we collect it. It explains what we use your personal information for and how we keep it safe. This Privacy Notice explains our general practices. However, where local laws or regulations require that we process information differently, or refrain from such processing, we will comply with the applicable local law.
1. To whom and when does this Privacy Notice apply?
This Privacy Notice applies exclusively to:
- Visitors to those Syndesis and Syndesis-owned websites that contain a link to this page.
- Users of those Syndesis applications, datasets, tools, programs, and services that contain a link to this page.
Collectively, the above websites, applications, datasets, tools, programs, and services are referred to hereafter as “Services”.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to:
- Visitors to Syndesis and Syndesis-owned websites that do not have a link to this page.
- Users of those Syndesis applications, datasets, tools, programs, and services that do not have a link to this page.
- Syndesis owned or managed patient and healthcare datasets. These are governed by separate privacy policies which are described in separate notices shared with providers and consumers of those datasets.
- Products and services offered by other companies or individuals, including sites that may be displayed to you in search results, sites that may include Syndesis data, products and services, or other websites linked from our services.
- Privacy practices of other companies and organizations who advertise or comment about our data, products, and services.
This Privacy Notice does not and is not intended to create any contractual or legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
2. Your agreement and consent
By accessing or otherwise using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice and consent to the collection, transfer, manipulation, processing, storage, disclosure, and other uses of your information as described in this Privacy Notice. As a condition to use the Services, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree or do not consent to the use of your information in any manner described in this Privacy Notice, you should not use the Services. You are expected to always review the most current version of this Privacy Notice. Your continued access and use of our Services constitutes your consent to the then current version of this Privacy Notice.
3. What types of information do we collect about you?
Generally, we collect two types of information about you:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”)
[Personally identifiable Information” or “PII” is information that can identify you directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g., your telephone number).]In certain areas of our Services, such as those in which you or your organization complete a profile, submit your resume, or create a new account, we may request that you or your organization provide us with certain PII, including but not limited to, your e-mail address, name, date of birth, phone number, profession, or work experience. In most of these situations, we request only the minimum necessary items that are required and specify those that are optional.
- Non-personallyidentifiable information
[“Non-personally identifiable Information” is information that cannot identify you directly or indirectly.]
- Through our Websites and Web applications: When visitors access Syndesis websites, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were “clicked”. Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user. The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the preferences of users of our websites.
- Cookies: “Cookies” are small pieces of information that an application sends to your device while you are viewing our websites and applications. Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional usage data and to improve our Services. The information we collect using cookies allow us to know when and for how long you have used our websites and applications. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can change this by editing options in your browser to either stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. If you stop accepting cookies, it may limit your ability to access or use our Services.
- Log data: Our computer servers that host our websites and applications may automatically log aggregate information, such as a your IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data.
4. How do we collect your personal information?
In general, we collect your information in the following ways to provide Services to you:
- Information provided by you
We collect information that you submit during the process of creating or editing your user profile in our Services. For example, our registration and login process require you to provide us with a valid e-mail address. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily provide, including personal information, into any postings, comments or forums within the Services. You may also provide information about your work experience and other related information when you respond to any job postings on our sites.
- Information we collect automatically
When you use our Services, we may collect information about your visit to our websites, your usage of the Services, and your web browsing. That information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with our websites.
- Information from use of our Services
We may receive information about how and when you use our Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our services for both you and all other users.
- Information from Social Media
- Information from third-parties
We may collect information about you from third-parties when you allow us to do so.
5. How do we use your personal information?
In general, personal information and other information you submit or share with us is used for the following purposes:
- To enable your access to our Services
- To deliver our Services to you
- To process your requests (e.g., job applications)
- To provide customer support
- To respond to your inquiries
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our Services
- To customize the content you receive from us and our trusted partners
- To communicate with you, including via email, on topics including but not limited to:
- Administrative and maintenance notifications related to our Services
- Marketing and promotions on new products, features, and events
- To monitor and analyze your use of our Services
- Any other legitimate purpose
6. When and to whom do we disclose or share your personal information?
- Government and law enforcement officials, if we believe in good faith that such retention and disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us
- Service Providers and Partners, if we believe they require your information so that they can perform their services on our behalf
- Affiliates, if we believe it is required for administrative purposes or to improve the overall Services provided to you
- Relevant third parties,
a. To establish, protect, exercise, and defend our rights or property or safety of any person
b. To ensure the safety and security of our systems and of our customers and third parties
c. To facilitate and support any proposed or actual financing, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or disposition of any and all portions of our business, assets, or equity
7. How do we protect your personal information?
We use a variety of industry-standard and reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure.
Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your personal information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security and privacy risks associated with protecting your personal information. There are no guarantees that a data transmission or storage system is 100% secure. Therefore, you acknowledge that there are limitations beyond our control and that the security, integrity, and privacy of your personal information cannot be guaranteed, despite our reasonable commercial efforts.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or your personal information has been compromised by us, please immediately notify us using the details at the ‘Contact Us’ section of this notice.
8. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as we need it to provide our Services and to comply with our legal and/or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, support investigations, and enforce our agreements.
Except when required by law, we will not be obligated to retain your personal information for any period of time, and are free to delete it without providing any notice.
9. International data transfers
Our technology infrastructure is globally distributed, and we leverage one or more cloud service providers like (but not necessarily including) Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google GCP. We may host, store, process, maintain or transfer your personal information to various locations worldwide. The laws in some of these jurisdictions may not protect your privacy in the same way as your local jurisdiction. By using our Services, you hereby provide your consent to the use, hosting, storage, processing, maintenance, and transfer of your personal information to countries outside your jurisdiction.
Wherever applicable, we will comply with legal requirements in relation to international data transfers.
Regardless of where your information is stored or processed, we apply the same protections described in this Privacy Notice.
10. What is our policy towards Minors?
“Minors” are individuals under the age of majority in their place of residence as per the applicable laws. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by Minors. We do not knowingly collect information from Minors. To use our Services, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using our Services, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence and as per applicable laws. All information provided to us will be treated as if it was provided by an adult. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete information associated with a minor as soon as practicable if we learn that a minor has submitted information about himself/herself to us.
11. What are your rights?
You may have particular rights with respect to your personal information, subject to the limitations and exceptions under applicable laws. These rights may include the:
- Right to ask us about how we maintain, use, and process your personal information
- Right to access, correct, delete your personal information that we maintain
- Right to object or restrict the processing of your personal information
You can contact us as described at the bottom of this Privacy Notice to exercise any of the above rights. Please note that before we process any requests, we will need to verify your identity, confirm that we have information about you, and your requests are legally valid.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revision at our discretion. We will post new versions of this Privacy Notice on this page. If you object to any of the updates made in the new version, you must cease using our Services. Continued use of our Services following updates to the Privacy Notice shall indicate your acknowledgement of such updates and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of the new Privacy Notice.
13. How can you contact us?
If you have questions, concerns, complaints either about this Privacy Notice or how your personal information is handled by us, please email us at: email@example.com